Thursday 17 March 2011

seventies

Angelo Marani










I have never heard of Angelo Marani before, but I'm kicking myself now because this collection is stunning. It completely captures the whole 'seventies' look. Part grunge, part hippy, part groupie. It is the perfect mix of all three. My favourite by far is the leopard print dress, I've always had a not so secret fixation with leopard print and this is the first dress I have seen which is quite mind alteringly perfect. The butterscotch crochet dress with the almost too perfect matching butterscotch coat with a fur collar is a very close second, followed by the denim flares and floor length pewter coat.

All in all, I am amazed at this collection, and is the first colletion I have seen which has used direct influence, and at first glance, you can automatically tell which era it is derived from.

No comments: